This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: wrap math.h for M_PI et al in target/i386 tests
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at adacore dot com>, Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 08:52:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: wrap math.h for M_PI et al in target/i386 tests
- References: <CAFULd4Y_aaS4c+CM2S+e-PGtzf4g62Du_XCR6n5zV-VEG+8uyA@mail.gmail.com>
> On Jul 30, 2019, at 5:22 AM, Uros Bizjak <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Most but not all of the tests that expect M_PI, M_PI_2 and/or M_PI_4
>> to be defined in math.h explicitly exclude one target system that does
>> not satisfy this non-standard assumption.
>> This patch introduces a wrapper header that includes math.h and then
>> conditionally supplies the missing non-standard macro definitions.
>> With that, we can drop the dg-skip-if "no M_PI" exclusions.
>> for gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog
>> * gcc.target/i386/math_m_pi.h: New.
> LGTM, patch also needs approval from testsuite maintainer (CC'd).
Not unreasonable for the x86 maintainer to approve patches like this. It doesn't impact any non-386 target.