This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], Add future cost placeholder to PowerPC
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 16:26:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], Add future cost placeholder to PowerPC
- References: <20190801194756.GA11962@ibm-toto.the-meissners.org>
On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 03:47:56PM -0400, Michael Meissner wrote:
> Add future_cost placeholder.
> Currently, the -mcpu=future uses the power9 costs. This patch separates out
> the cost to a separate structure so that in the future we can tweak the costs
> as needed.
Is there any reason for this? At least when it actually points to the
power9 costs it is clear it is just a placeholder.