This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement "P0631R4 Math Constants" for C++20
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 19:07:03 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement "P0631R4 Math Constants" for C++20
- References: <20190731163944.GA18423@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
The values of the constants are taken from Glibc where the equivalent
constant exists, or by rounding the actual constant to the same number
of digits as the Glibc constants have.
How does it behave with __float128? I think that with -std=gnu++2a, it
counts as a floating point type, but the constant first becomes a long
double and thus loses precision.