This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make lra use per-alternative earlyclobber info
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:54:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Make lra use per-alternative earlyclobber info
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2019-07-30 5:58 a.m., Richard Sandiford wrote:
lra_insn_reg and lra_operand_data have both a bitmask of earlyclobber
alternatives and an overall boolean. The danger is that we then test
the overall boolean when really we should be testing for a particular
alternative. This patch gets rid of the boolean and tests the mask
against zero when we really do need to test "any alternative might
be earlyclobber". (I think the only instance of that is the
LRA_UNKNOWN_ALT handling in lra-lives.c:reg_early_clobber_p.)
This is needed (and tested) by an upcoming SVE patch.
Tested on aarch64-linux-gnu, aarch64_be-elf and x86_64-linux-gnu.
OK to install?
Yes. It looks good. Thank you for making the code more straightforward
and accurate, Richard.