This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not emit __gnu_lto_v1 symbol.
- From: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Martin Liska <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:46:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not emit __gnu_lto_v1 symbol.
In SVN r273662 you changed a comment in avr.c from __gnu_lto_v1 to
__gnu_lto_slim without changing the relevant code:
/* __gnu_lto_slim is just a marker for the linker injected by toplev.c.
There is no need to trigger __do_clear_bss code for them. */
if (!STR_PREFIX_P (name, "__gnu_lto"))
avr_need_clear_bss_p = true;
This means that just defining symbol __gnu_lto_slim will trigger code
from libgcc (code to clear .bss, which is supposed to be conditional
depending on whether .bss actually contains anything).
Would you also adjust that test?