This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] Pr87233 Constraint C1279 still followed after f2008 standard revision
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at charter dot net>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:09:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] Pr87233 Constraint C1279 still followed after f2008 standard revision
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu
On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 04:54:07PM -0700, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> Hi all,
> The attached patch removes the subject constraint for gfortran default
> and -std=f2008/f2018. I had issues with repetitious errors. I tried
> to get rid of it using the e->error = 1 method useded later in the
> function, but that did not work, so I resorted to gfc_error_now which
> does the job.
You can suppress the error by looking at the error count with
gfc_get_error(&warning_cnt, &error_cnt). If error_cnt == 0,
then issue the error; otherwise, simply return.
> 2019-07-13 Jerry DeLisle <email@example.com>
> PR fortran/87233
> * gfortran.dg/initialization_14.f90: Modify to now pass by
> remiving two dg-error commands. Added comments.