This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rewrite some jump.c routines to use flags
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <richard dot sandiford at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:25:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: Rewrite some jump.c routines to use flags
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3970490.yAij4KOnj2@polaris> <email@example.com>
> ...trapping on signalling NaNs is enough for the field to be true.
So what's the point in encoding this? The main distinction, and the only one
relevant for the RTL middle-end, is whether the operator traps on quiet NaNs
since this can change the comparison instruction emitted by the back-end.