This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Ada] Avoid spurious errors on dimensionality checking in GNATprove
- From: Pierre-Marie de Rodat <derodat at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Yannick Moy <moy at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 04:03:48 -0400
- Subject: [Ada] Avoid spurious errors on dimensionality checking in GNATprove
In the special GNATprove mode of the frontend, automatic inlining is
performed, which may lead to spurious errors on dimensionality checking.
Avoid performing this checking on inlined code, which has already been
checked for dimensionality errors.
There is no impact on compilation.
Tested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, committed on trunk
2019-07-11 Yannick Moy <email@example.com>
* sem_res.adb (Resolve_Call): Do not perform dimensionality
checking on inlined bodies.
@@ -6949,7 +6949,9 @@ package body Sem_Res is
-- Check the dimensions of the actuals in the call. For function calls,
-- propagate the dimensions from the returned type to N.
- Analyze_Dimension_Call (N, Nam);
+ if not In_Inlined_Body then
+ Analyze_Dimension_Call (N, Nam);
+ end if;
-- All done, evaluate call and deal with elaboration issues