This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make guality.h handle Yama restricted ptrace mode
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:59:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: Make guality.h handle Yama restricted ptrace mode
- References: <email@example.com>
On 7/7/19 3:39 AM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> guality.exp is silently skipped on Linux systems with
> kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=1 because gdb fails to attach to the
> sanity check test. This patch uses PR_SET_PTRACER (where available)
> to avoid this.
> prctl was apparently added in Linux 2.1.57, so I don't think we
> need any tests other than __linux for the #include.
> Tested on aarch64-linux-gnu and x86_64-linux-gnu. OK to install?
> 2019-07-07 Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * gcc.dg/guality/guality.h: Include <sys/prctl.h> on Linux targets.
> (main): Use PR_SET_PTRACER where available.