This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [09/11] [s390] Fix ambiguous .md attribute uses
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, uweigand at de dot ibm dot com, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 17:52:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [09/11] [s390] Fix ambiguous .md attribute uses
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 05.07.19 17:22, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This patch is part of a series that fixes ambiguous attribute
> uses in .md files, i.e. cases in which attributes didn't use
> <ITER:ATTR> to specify an iterator, and in which <ATTR> could
> have different values depending on the iterator chosen.
> The vx-builtins.md part changes the choice of <mode> from the
> implicit <VFCMP:mode> to an explicit <VF_HW:mode> (i.e. from the
> mode of the comparison result to the mode of the operands being
> compared). That seemed like the intended behaviour given later
> patterns like vec_cmpeq<mode>_cc.
> The use of BFP in the s390.md LNDFR pattern looks like a typo,
> since the operand to (abs ...) has to have the same mode as the result.
> The only effect before this series was to create some extra variants
> that would never match, making it harmless apart from very minor code
> 2019-07-05 Richard Sandiford <email@example.com>
> * config/s390/s390.md (*negabs<FP:mode>2_nocc): Use FP for
> operand 1.
> * config/s390/vx-builtins.md (*vec_cmp<insn_cmp><mode>_cconly):
> Make the choice of <mode> explicit, giving...
> (*vec_cmp<insn_cmp><VF_HW:mode>_cconly): ...this.
Ok. Thanks for fix!