This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Small improvements to coverage info (1/n)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 15:58:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Small improvements to coverage info (1/n)
- References: <4824451.YNsNmM2r07@polaris>
On 7/3/19 4:46 AM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> we have collected a number of small improvements to coverage info generated by
> the compiler over the years. One of the issues is when a new expression or
> statement is built without source location information and ends up inheriting
> the source location information of the previous instruction in the debug info,
> which can be totally unrelated.
> Tested on x86_64-suse-linux, both GCC and GDB, OK for mainline?
> 2019-07-03 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
> * tree-cfg.c (gimple_make_forwarder_block): Propagate location info on
> phi nodes if possible.
> * tree-scalar-evolution.c (final_value_replacement_loop): Propagate
> location info on the newly created statement.
> * tree-ssa-loop-manip.c (create_iv): Propagate location info on the
> newly created increment if needed.