This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR debug/90981 Empty .debug_addr crashes -gdwarf-5 -gsplit-dwarf
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 18:07:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR debug/90981 Empty .debug_addr crashes -gdwarf-5 -gsplit-dwarf
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/26/19 2:06 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Even if there was no, or an empty address list we would try to generate
> and index for the .debug_addr section with -gdwarf-5 and -gsplit-dwarf.
> The skeleton DIE would also get a (dangling) DW_AT_addr_base in that case.
> PR debug/90981
> * dwarf2out.c (add_top_level_skeleton_die_attrs): Only add
> DW_AT_addr_base if there is actually a .debug_addr section with
> (output_addr_table): Add DWARF5 table index generation here after
> checking there are actually any addresses from...
> (dwarf2out_finish): ...here.
> * testsuite/g++.dg/pr90981.C: New test.