This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch][aarch64]: fix unrecognizable insn for ldr got in ilp32 tiny
- From: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- To: Sylvia Taylor <Sylvia dot Taylor at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, James Greenhalgh <James dot Greenhalgh at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 11:32:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch][aarch64]: fix unrecognizable insn for ldr got in ilp32 tiny
- References: <VI1PR0801MB2127EC7CEC7CC3AD6C3F81D283EF0@VI1PR0801MB2127.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>,<AM6PR08MB3559E98D09E425AC906B748DE0EA0@AM6PR08MB3559.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
> Combined them into one pattern. Updated the diff and the changelog is now:
2019-06-18 Sylvia Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(aarch64_load_symref_appropriately): Change SYMBOL_TINY_GOT.
(ldr_got_tiny_<mode>): New pattern.
(ldr_got_tiny_sidi): New pattern.
Thanks, this looks fine to me, but I can't approve.
As an aside there is an inconsistency in the mode used for symbols throughout
aarch64.md. Some have no mode, others use PTR, and some cases use DI mode
(which means ILP32 may want SImode for some symbols and DImode in other cases...).
Since various existing patterns have this issue it's not a problem with this patch.