This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't run ident tests on powerpc-darwin
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at sandoe dot co dot uk>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 09:25:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't run ident tests on powerpc-darwin
- References: <337A44FA-78DE-4CA1-9AF1-4A287B2DF023@sandoe.co.uk>
On 12/23/18 4:16 AM, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> The c-c++-common tests fail (or XPASS depending on which) on Darwin
> because it doesn't currently emit .ident marker.
> For powerpc darwin (and, I think, AIX - hence copying David), there’s no
> .ident support in the assembler, and we need to skip the tests.
> In this case, I suggest that it’s not worth having a target-supports entry.
> This is because what a target chooses to emit for -fident is controlled by
> a target hook and therefore there’s no guarantee that a target-supports
> that triggers off “ .ident” in the asm would be generically useful.
> OTOH, if the testsuite maintainers prefer a support .. it can be done ;-)
> OK for trunk?
> * c-c++-common/ident-0a.c: Skip for powerpc-darwin.
> * c-c++-common/ident-0b.c: Likewise.
> * c-c++-common/ident-1a.c: Likewise.
> * c-c++-common/ident-1b.c: Likewise.
> * c-c++-common/ident-2a.c: Likewise.
> * c-c++-common/ident-2b.c: Likewise.