This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR rtl-optimization/87727
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 14:26:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR rtl-optimization/87727
- References: <3499484.ePniFpkjG6@polaris> <20181220122357.GP23305@tucnak> <20181220193133.GV3803@gate.crashing.org> <5406591.1PUeVzC3DK@polaris>
On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 09:07:41PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > It's not a terrible workaround, no. It looks like it will make some asm
> > once again fail though? If argument registers are forwarded to in the asm.
> The combiner change looks like a big hammer for such a corner case though.
That isn't the primary goal, no; the primary goal is to get better RA (by
not having the combiner do RA's work, and doing a mediocre job of it). It
does solve these problems though.