This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, C++] Fix PR c++/88261
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>, Martin Sebor <msebor at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:58:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, C++] Fix PR c++/88261
- References: <DB7PR07MB53533F780DBF66684D4FE77AE4A20@DB7PR07MB5353.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com>
On 12/15/18 3:36 AM, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
this patch implements an error message, for non-static initialization of a flexible array member.
This duplicates the existing error message from the C-FE, to avoid ICE and wrong code generation
issues, as pointed out in the PR.
It is a bit funny that a non-functional feature like that has already rather much test coverage.
The most easy adjustment seems to change the existing test cases to use static declarations.