This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the GCC project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH] Delete powerpcspe

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 09:49:51AM -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 12/12/18 10:33 AM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:36:29AM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> >> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:37 PM Jeff Law <> wrote:
> >>> One way to deal with these problems is to create a fake simulator that
> >>> always returns success.  That's what my tester does for the embedded
> >>> targets.  That allows us to do reliable compile-time tests as well as
> >>> the various scan-whatever tests.
> >>>
> >>> It would be trivial to start sending those results to gcc-testresults.
> >>
> >> I think it would be more useful if the execute testing would be
> >> reported as UNSUPPORTED rather than simply PASS w/o being
> >> sure it does.
> > 
> > Yes.
> Yes, but I don't think we've got a reasonable way to do that in the
> existing dejagnu framework.

I think you can have your board's ${board}_load just do
  return [list "unresolved" ""]
or something like that.

> > If results are posted to gcc-testresults then other people can get a
> > feel whether the port is detoriating, and at what rate.  If no results
> > are posted we just have to assume the worst.  Most people do not have
> > the time (or setup) to test it for themselves.
> Yup.  I wish I had the time to extract more of the data the tester is
> gathering and produce this kind of info.
> I have not made it a priority to try and address all the issues I've
> seen in the tester.  We have some ports that are incredibly flaky
> (epiphany for example), and many that have a lot of failures, but are
> stable in their set of failures.
> My goal to date has mostly been to identify regressions.  I'm not even
> able to keep up with that.  For example s390/s390x have been failing for
> about a week with their kernel builds.    sparc, i686, aarch64 are
> consistently tripping over regressions.  ia64 hasn't worked since we put
> in qsort consistency checking, etc etc.

About a third of kernel builds have failed (for my configs) this whole
stage 1 and stage 3...  Hopefully it will be better in stage 4.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]