This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE due to cross-jumping (PR rtl-optimization/88470)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 00:32:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE due to cross-jumping (PR rtl-optimization/88470)
- References: <20181213225303.GB12380@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 04:28:10PM -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
> > 2018-12-13 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> > PR rtl-optimization/88470
> > * cfgcleanup.c (outgoing_edges_match): If the function is
> > shrink-wrapped and bb1 ends with a JUMP_INSN with a single fake
> > edge to EXIT, return false.
> > * gcc.target/i386/pr88470.c: New test.
> OK. Are you planning to check the other ICEs in
> maybe_record_trace_start that are in BZ to see if any are addressed by
> this change?
I will, but it is highly unlikely those are the same issues. Computed
gotos/non-local jumps are fairly infrequent. At least one of those is known
to be a sel-sched bug.