This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH AutoFDO]Skip generating histogram value for internal call
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: "bin.cheng" <bin dot cheng at linux dot alibaba dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:03:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH AutoFDO]Skip generating histogram value for internal call
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/12/18 8:50 PM, bin.cheng wrote:
> This patch skips generating histogram value for internal function call in autofdo,
> otherwise it would trigger ICE with following patch re-enabling indirect call value
> profile transformation. I think this patch is actually needed for GCC-6 on which
> indirect call value profile is not disabled.
> Bootstrap and test on x86_64 along with following patches. Is it OK?
> 2018-12-13 Bin Cheng <email@example.com>
> * auto-profile.c (afdo_indirect_call): Skip generating histogram
> value for internal call.