This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6, OpenACC, libgomp] Async re-work
- From: Chung-Lin Tang <chunglin_tang at mentor dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>, <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 23:28:49 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6, OpenACC, libgomp] Async re-work
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: <cltang at codesourcery dot com>
On 2018/12/7 6:26 AM, Julian Brown wrote:
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 22:22:46 +0000
Julian Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 21:42:14 +0100
Thomas Schwinge <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
..., where the "Invalid read of size 8" happens, and which
eventually would try to "free (tgt)" again, via
gomp_unmap_tgt (struct target_mem_desc *tgt)
/* Deallocate on target the tgt->tgt_start .. tgt->tgt_end
region. */ if (tgt->tgt_end)
gomp_free_device_memory (tgt->device_descr, tgt->to_free);
Is the "free (tgt)" in libgomp/target.c:gomp_unmap_vars_async wrong,
or something else?
It might be worth trying this with the refcounting changes in the
...oh, also make sure you have this patch in the series you're testing
else your "wait" will be ignored, IIUC.
just first asking if you tried Julian's patch during this time, and if so did it do anything different?
(and apologies for missing responding this part for so long :P )