This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [PR86823] retain deferred access checks from outside firewall
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, nathan at acm dot org
- Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 21:38:31 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [PR86823] retain deferred access checks from outside firewall
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Dec 5, 2018, Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hmm, I'm uncomfortable with how this depends on the specific
> implementation of tentative_firewall.
> What do you think of this alternate approach (untested other than with
> the testcase)?
If that won't drop any other deferred access checks that we might want
to keep when leaving the firewall by other paths, it looks much nicer
indeed! I had been careful to only move access checks when I was
certain about the replacement, but even there I was concerned about
carrying stuff along with the preparsed token that didn't belong.
I'm giving your proposed patch a full round of testing along with other
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo
Be the change, be Free! FSF Latin America board member
GNU Toolchain Engineer Free Software Evangelist
Hay que enGNUrecerse, pero sin perder la terGNUra jamás-GNUChe