This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Disable -fipa-ra for naked functions (PR target/85593)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 16:36:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disable -fipa-ra for naked functions (PR target/85593)
- References: <20181206233433.GB12380@tucnak>
On 12/6/18 4:34 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> The only documented supported content of naked functions is basic asm
> statement(s). Those don't have clobbers though, so we should ignore
> naked functions for IPA-RA; if they are written the only supported way,
> they will appear not to clobber any registers at all and IPA-RA will then
> assume they don't clobber any registers.
> While naked is a target attribute supported only on a subset of targets,
> the generic code already handles it in multiple spots, so I think we can add
> another spot rather than introducing a target hook for it.
> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk?
> 2018-12-07 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> PR target/85593
> * final.c (rest_of_handle_final): Don't call collect_fn_hard_reg_usage
> for functions with naked attribute.
> * gcc.target/i386/pr85593.c: New test.