This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] asm qualifiers (PR55681) and asm inline
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <jason at redhat dot com>, <nathan at acm dot org>, <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 18:19:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] asm qualifiers (PR55681) and asm inline
- References: <email@example.com> <20181206181055.GB3803@gate.crashing.org> <20181206181520.GW12380@tucnak>
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Not sure if in the backport we shouldn't keep accepting with warning like
> before const asm and not do the changes of accepting in any order except
> perhaps for the inline keyword in there?
Indeed, I think it's best to keep accepting const and restrict in asm for
any backports, to avoid breaking any existing code with those constructs
with a release branch change.
Joseph S. Myers