This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] v4: C/C++: add fix-it hints for missing '&' and '*' (PR c++/87850)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, <law at redhat dot com>, Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail dot gwu dot edu>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 22:13:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] v4: C/C++: add fix-it hints for missing '&' and '*' (PR c++/87850)
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, Jason Merrill wrote:
> Hmm, it looks like the C front-end comptypes will return 1 for e.g. enum and
> int. It seems to me that what you want for this warning is actually to check
> for the same type. Perhaps you want to use comptypes_check_different_types?
> Joseph would know better what's correct for the C front-end.
Well, it's valid to pass a pointer to enum where a pointer to the
compatible integer type is required, or vice versa, but I don't have
advice on which cases you want to accept for this particular fix-it.
Joseph S. Myers