This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [AArch64, Falkor] Adjust Falkor's sign extend reg+reg address cost
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <luis dot machado at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 23:00:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AArch64, Falkor] Adjust Falkor's sign extend reg+reg address cost
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180731225450.GK1826@arm.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:05:21AM -0500, Luis Machado wrote:
> On 08/08/2018 04:46 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > On 08/01/2018 04:24 AM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> >> OK if this is what is best for your subtarget.
> > I have pushed this on behalf of Luis since he is on holiday.
> > Thanks,
> > Siddhesh
> Similarly to the vector cost changes, we've also noticed a non-trivial
> performance impact from this change, on top of fixing a testsuite failure.
> This is also Falkor specific. Would it be ok to push it to GCC 8?
Likewise for this one. If you're happy taking the risk of disruption for the
subtarget, I'm happy with the backport.