This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [AArch64, Falkor] Switch to using Falkor-specific vector costs
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <luis dot machado at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 23:00:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AArch64, Falkor] Switch to using Falkor-specific vector costs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180731225330.GJ1826@arm.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:05:17AM -0500, Luis Machado wrote:
> On 08/08/2018 04:54 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > On 08/01/2018 04:23 AM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> >> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 01:10:34PM -0500, Luis Machado wrote:
> >>> The adjusted vector costs give Falkor a reasonable boost in
> >>> performance for FP
> >>> benchmarks (both CPU2017 and CPU2006) and doesn't change INT
> >>> benchmarks that
> >>> much. About 0.7% for CPU2017 FP and 1.54% for CPU2006 FP.
> >>> OK for trunk?
> >> OK if this is what works best for your subtarget.
> > I have pushed this for Luis since he is on holiday.
> > Thanks,
> > Siddhesh
> Given this has a significant performance impact on Falkor and the
> changes are very localized and specific to Falkor, it would be great to
> have them on GCC 8. Would it be ok to push it?
I've not got a problem with this if your opinion is that the risk is
worthwhile for Falkor.