This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/3] GDB: Add support for 24 bit addresses
- From: John Darrington <john at darrington dot wattle dot id dot au>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- Cc: John Darrington <john at darrington dot wattle dot id dot au>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 06:55:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] GDB: Add support for 24 bit addresses
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 04:34:11PM -0400, Simon Marchi wrote:
(CCing gcc-patches because of the change in include/dwarf2.h)
This file is owned by GCC (see the MAINTAINERS file at the top of
binutils-gdb). To get a modification in it, you would need to provide a
patch to gcc, then we can import the change in binutils-gdb.
I am not too sure who is responsible for allocating these values, as they
are not from the DWARF standard. At the very least, there should be a
comment to say what architecture uses this non-standard value. Is there
also a gcc port you are planning to upstream, that would use this value?
I might think about a gcc port when Gdb and Binutils are robust for this
arch. But I haven't started any work on that so far.
Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.