This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR86844: Fix for store merging
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: krebbel at linux dot ibm dot com, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 08:30:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR86844: Fix for store merging
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFiYyc3N76VwCp5eXefJaxWK795tCtS0cJ+GHyTQrpoH2Tr+=A@mail.gmail.com> <3468595.rsgiZXrS6R@arcturus.home>
On 08/18/2018 03:20 AM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> Eric, didn't your patches explicitely handle this case of a non-constant
> Only if there is no overlap at all, otherwise you cannot do things simply.
>> Can you have a look / review here?
> Jakub is probably more qualified to give a definitive opinion, as he wrote
> check_no_overlap and the bug is orthogonal to my patches since it is present
> in 8.x; in any case, all transformations are supposed to be covered by the
FYI. Jakub is on PTO through the end of this week and will probably be
buried when he returns.