This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PING [PATCH] warn for strlen of arrays with missing nul (PR 86552, 86711, 86714) )
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 23:14:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: PING [PATCH] warn for strlen of arrays with missing nul (PR 86552, 86711, 86714) )
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 08/01/2018 08:44 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
> Since the foundation of the patch is detecting and avoiding
> the overly aggressive folding of unterminated char arrays,
> besides issuing a warning for such arguments to strlen,
> the patch also fixes pr86711 - wrong folding of memchr, and
> pr86714 - tree-ssa-forwprop.c confused by too long initializer.
> The substance of the attached updated patch is unchanged,
> I have just added test cases for the two additional bugs.
Just to be absolutely sure. The patch attached to this message is
superceded by the later 6 part patchkit that fixes 86714, 86711 and 86552.
I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking at the right kits from both you
and Bernd for the next step.