This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>,Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>,Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>,Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>,David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 13:17:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- References: <55F87A07.email@example.com> <5B7C7A4F-122E-4485-B3F7-15309B91B21E@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170513103834.GQ1809@tucnak> <CAH6eHdQGkGn0pYYi_sfroP=qZNV=-BvKk2hjs5MQ-eSS_r+tPQ@mail.gmail.com> <4FE7E284-0A0B-469E-AFF6-3BD1F2E1B431@gmail.com> <CAH6eHdSVQPOV0RQCzy6LKHGX0eh_ckL3LML6SaTLmdqKd-zHqg@mail.gmail.com> <D853A94F-D92B-4520-A5BF-C3A41D898DAA@comcast.net> <CAC1BbcSjSxsptrSiianSAbzzaMFFoA09WQ6J0Kpfih4ZNbbfOw@mail.gmail.com> <3461C647-00AB-4FBC-BE10-0DC5973BFD36@comcast.net> <20180807163428.GG31204@gate.crashing.org>
On 7 August 2018 18:34:30 CEST, Segher Boessenkool <email@example.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 08:25:49AM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
>> Since g++ already requires 1.5.3, it make no sense to bump to
>anything older that 1.5.3, so let's bump to 1.5.3. Those packaging
>systems and OSes that wanted to update by now, have had their chance to
>update. Those that punt until we bump the requirement, well, they will
>now have to bump. :-)
>"g++ requires it"? In what way? I haven't seen any issues with older
I think http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=dejagnu.git;a=commit;h=5256bd82343000c76bc0e48139003f90b6184347
>> Ok to update to 1.5.3.
>1.5.3 is only three years old, and not all distros carry it. This is
If one wants to develop on a distro that is notoriously outdated then you have to obtain the missing pieces yourself. I wouldn't call three years "aggressive".