This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v2 7/7] Enable clobber high for tls descs on Aarch64
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Hayward <alan dot hayward at arm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 22:27:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 7/7] Enable clobber high for tls descs on Aarch64
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/26/2018 03:13 AM, Alan Hayward wrote:
> Add the clobber high expressions to tls_desc for aarch64.
> It also adds three tests.
> In addition I also tested by taking the gcc torture test suite and making
> all global variables __thread. Then emended the suite to compile with -fpic,
> save the .s file and only for one given O level.
> I ran this before and after the patch and compared the resulting .s files,
> ensuring that there were no ASM changes.
> I discarded the 10% of tests that failed to compile (due to the code in
> the test now being invalid C).
> I did this for O0,O2,O3 on both x86 and aarch64 and observed no difference
> between ASM files before and after the patch.
> 2018-07-25 Alan Hayward <email@example.com>
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.md: Add clobber highs to tls_desc.
> * gcc.target/aarch64/sve_tls_preserve_1.c: New test.
> * gcc.target/aarch64/sve_tls_preserve_2.c: New test.
> * gcc.target/aarch64/sve_tls_preserve_3.c: New test.
AArch64 specific, so leaving it to the AArch64 maintainers to handle review.