This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [aarch64][v2] Fix falkor pipeline description for dup<q>
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com" <kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com>, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 07:32:05 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [aarch64][v2] Fix falkor pipeline description for dup<q>
- References: <email@example.com> <20180802183222.GA38486@arm.com>
On 08/03/2018 12:02 AM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 11:58:37AM -0500, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
There was a typo in the pipeline description where DUP was assigned to
the vector pipes for quad mode ops when it really only uses the VTOG
pipes. Fixing this does not show any noticeable difference in
performance (there's a very small bump of 1.7% in x264 but that's
about it) in my tests but is the more precise description of operations
Bootstrapped and tested with --with-cpu=falkor to confirm that there
are no regressions.
Thanks, may I backport this to gcc 8.x as well given that it has zero
impact on anything except falkor? We are targeting gcc 8.x as the
toolchain for falkor and so would like to at least get all falkor
specific optimizations and fixes back into the gcc 8.x branch.