This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [aarch64] Fix falkor pipeline description for dup<q>
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: James Greenhalgh <James dot Greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 22:12:48 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [aarch64] Fix falkor pipeline description for dup<q>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5B62E1C7.email@example.com>
On 08/02/2018 04:19 PM, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
On 02/08/18 11:23, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
There was a typo in the pipeline description where DUP was assigned to
the vector pipes for quad mode ops when it really only uses the VTOG
pipes. Fixing this does not show any noticeable difference in
performance (there's a very small bump of 1.7% in x264 but that's
about it) in my tests but is the more precise description of operations
You know the microarchitecture better, so I'm assuming that's correct
I assume this has been tested with a bootstrap and test.
Sorry I should have mentioned this: bootstrapped and tested
--with-cpu=falkor and no new regressions resulted from this patch.
* gcc/config/aarch64/falkor.md (falkor_am_1_vxvy_vxvy): Move
(falkor_am_1_gtov_gtov): ... a new insn reservation.
No gcc/ prefix in the ChangeLog path.
Oops, will fix.
You should be able to use the "*" construct here like this:
Fixed and tested.
Otherwise looks ok to me (but you'll need a maintainer to approve)
Thanks, I'll send the updated patch for James' review.