This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,nvptx] Truncate config/nvptx/oacc-parallel.c
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Tom de Vries <tdevries at suse dot de>
- Cc: Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 10:13:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,nvptx] Truncate config/nvptx/oacc-parallel.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20180801115503.GN17988@tucnak>
On 08/01/2018 04:55 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
The ABI compatibility is mainly for libgomp.so which hasn't (ever) bumped
the soname and I don't plan to do that any time soon, but even for the
offloaded libgomp.a I guess one might compile with GCC 5 and link with GCC
9 and expect things not to fail miserably. This is a *.a library, can't you
I think it should fail horribly. If it succeeded, the performance would
suck. Far better to shout at the user sooner.