This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,nvptx] Remove use of 'struct map' from plugin (nvptx)
- From: Tom de Vries <tdevries at suse dot de>
- To: Cesar Philippidis <cesar_philippidis at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 13:01:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,nvptx] Remove use of 'struct map' from plugin (nvptx)
- References: <email@example.com>
On 07/31/2018 05:12 PM, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> This is an old patch which removes the struct map from the nvptx plugin.
> I believe at one point this was supposed to be used to manage async data
> mappings, but in practice that never worked out.
I don't quite understand what rationale you're trying to present here.
Is this dead code?
If not, what kind of test-case exercises this? What is the difference in
behaviour for such a test-case with and without the patch?