This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make GO string literals properly NUL terminated
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, iant at golang dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:40:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make GO string literals properly NUL terminated
- References: <AM5PR0701MB26570687DEEC36D3BE2F21F4E42E0@AM5PR0701MB2657.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com>
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Bernd Edlinger
> could someone please review this patch and check it in into the GO FE?
I don't understand why the change is correct, and you didn't explain
it. Go strings are not NUL terminated. Go strings always have an