This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH][GCC][Arm] Cleanup up reg to reg move in neon_mov.
- From: Tamar Christina <Tamar dot Christina at arm dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 09:45:30 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH][GCC][Arm] Cleanup up reg to reg move in neon_mov.
- References: <20180723165156.GA7803@arm.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Behalf Of Tamar Christina
> Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 17:52
> To: email@example.com
> Cc: nd <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Ramana Radhakrishnan
> <Ramana.Radhakrishnan@arm.com>; Richard Earnshaw
> <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>; email@example.com; Kyrylo Tkachov
> Subject: [PATCH][GCC][Arm] Cleanup up reg to reg move in neon_mov.
> Hi All,
> About 13 years ago the reg-to-reg patterns were split up, before that time
> output_move_double could actually handle this case.
> After the split was done most patterns were updated except for *neon_mov
> which incorrectly retained reg,reg as a valid alternative.
> However output_move_double can not handle this and simply returns ""
> and asserts.
> This pattern is essentially dead and I'm removing it for clarity.
> Regtested on armeb-none-eabi and no regressions.
> Bootstrapped on arm-none-linux-gnueabihf and no issues.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2018-07-23 Tamar Christina <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/arm/neon.md (*neon_mov<mode>): Remove reg-to-reg