This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Move -Walloca and related warnings from c.opt to common.opt
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, msebor at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 17:28:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move -Walloca and related warnings from c.opt to common.opt
- References: <CABOHX+c3NmK9+uDroAAzE_Pi_ginuL-ADCwtYaez4p69q+714A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:35:39PM +0200, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Since r262910, it was noticed that new -Walloca-larger-than= warnings
> started appearing when building the D frontend's standard library.
> These have been checked and verified as valid, and appropriate fixes
> will be sent on upstream.
> As for the warning itself, as it is now default on, it would be
> preferable to be able control it. Given the choice between adding
> these options to the D frontend or moving them to common, I'd rather
> move them to common.
It is strange to add a warning option for languages that don't even have
alloca. Instead, the warning shouldn't be enabled by default (but Martin
doesn't want to listen to that), or at least should be enabled only for the
languages where it makes sense.