This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Middle-end] disable strcmp/strncmp inlining with O2 below and Os
- From: Qing Zhao <qing dot zhao at oracle dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Wilco Dijkstra <wilco dot dijkstra at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:29:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Middle-end] disable strcmp/strncmp inlining with O2 below and Os
- References: <F88F031B-EE1A-4BA8-9CD9-E0A224CE85B2@oracle.com> <alpine.LSU.email@example.com>
> On Jul 26, 2018, at 3:26 AM, Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, Qing Zhao wrote:
>> As Wilco suggested, the new added strcmp/strncmp inlining should be only enabled with O2 and above.
>> this is the simple patch for this change.
>> tested on both X86 and aarch64.
>> Okay for thunk?
> You should simply use
> if (optimize_insn_for_size_p ())
> return NULL_RTX;
> to be properly profile-aware. OK with that change.
thanks for the review.
I will make the change, retest it, and then commit it.