This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch-86512]: Subnormal float support in armv7(with -msoft-float) for intrinsics
- From: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- To: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>, Szabolcs Nagy <Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:34:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch-86512]: Subnormal float support in armv7(with -msoft-float) for intrinsics
- References: <DB5PR08MB10300230C683B33FB0297BDF83510@DB5PR08MB1030.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>,<CAGfacvT7M=m01B105qDDYqKowcCAd1n3=w4nFN1+EBBwQPJVaQ@mail.gmail.com>
Umesh Kalappa wrote:
> We tried some of the normalisation numbers and the fix works and please
> could you help us with the input ,where if you see that fix breaks down.
Well try any set of inputs which require normalisation. You'll find these no
longer get normalised and so will get incorrect results. Try basic cases like
1.0 - 0.75 which I think will return 0.625...
A basic test would be to run old vs new on a large set of inputs to verify
there aren't any obvious differences.