This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Middle-end][version 2]change char type to unsigned char type when expanding strcmp/strncmp
- From: Qing Zhao <qing dot zhao at oracle dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:23:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Middle-end][version 2]change char type to unsigned char type when expanding strcmp/strncmp
- References: <F0A510E7-248E-4EAF-81D4-1688B8C947B6@oracle.com> <20180719173100.GU7166@tucnak> <064067CF-7097-4EE3-BBD1-D44B2A8C6369@oracle.com> <20180720145909.GA7166@tucnak>
> On Jul 20, 2018, at 9:59 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 09:53:24AM -0500, Qing Zhao wrote:
>> +2018-07-20 Qing Zhao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> + * builtins.c (expand_builtin_memcmp): Delete the last parameter for
>> + call to inline_expand_builtin_string_cmp.
>> + (expand_builtin_strcmp): Likewise.
>> + (expand_builtin_strncmp): Likewise.
>> + (inline_string_cmp): Delete the last parameter, change char_type_node
>> + to unsigned_char_type_node for strcmp/strncmp, add conversions to the
>> + two operands.
>> + (inline_expand_builtin_string_cmp): Delete the last parameter, give up
>> + the inlining expansion on target where the type of the call has same or
>> + narrower presicion than unsigned char.
> Also in the patch, where there is another typo, s/of/or/.
> Ok for trunk with that fixed.
thanks a lot for the review.