This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][debug] Add -fadd-debug-nops
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <tdevries at suse dot de>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 22:01:57 -0300
- Subject: Re: [RFC][debug] Add -fadd-debug-nops
- References: <20180716132909.633uvqxojzgg3wg6@delia> <20180716133413.GC7166@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jul 16, 2018, Tom de Vries <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 07/16/2018 03:34 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> So is this essentially a workaround for GDB not supporting the statement
> AFAIU now, the concept of location views addresses this problem, so yes.
Nice! A preview for what can be obtained with LVu support in the
> Right, but in the mean time I don't mind having an option that lets me
> filter out noise in guality test results.
FWIW, I'm a bit concerned about working around legitimate problems, as
in modifying testcases so that they pass. This hides actual problems,
that we'd like to fix eventually by adjusting the compiler, not the
That said, thank you for the attention you've given to the guality
testsuite recently. It's appreciated.
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo
Be the change, be Free! FSF Latin America board member
GNU Toolchain Engineer Free Software Evangelist