This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, cvs] Clarify that powerpc64le-linux-gnu is a primary platform
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:42:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, cvs] Clarify that powerpc64le-linux-gnu is a primary platform
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/16/2018 12:30 PM, Bill Schmidt wrote:
> I occasionally get questions about powerpc64le-linux-gnu being a primary platform
> for GCC, since the release criteria don't specifically call it out (see
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-8/criteria.html). Currently powerpc64-linux-gnu (for
> big-endian) is listed instead, which is misleading. I wonder if we could make
> it clearer that both endianness flavors are considered primary platforms. One
> possibility is below, but I'd be happy with any other way of getting this across.
> Thanks for considering!
I think given the clearly stated direction for linux on power that we
should make ppc64le the primary target per your patch.