This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,rs6000] Backport of stxvl instruction fix to GCC 7
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Carl Love <cel at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:16:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,rs6000] Backport of stxvl instruction fix to GCC 7
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 04:50:03PM -0700, Carl Love wrote:
> The following patch is a back port for a commit to mainline prior to
> GCC 8 release. Note, the code fixed by this patch was later modified
> in commit 256798 as part of adding vec_xst_len support. The sldi
> instruction gets replaced by an ashift of the operand for the stxvl
> instruction. Commit 256798 adds additional functionality and does not
> fix any functional issues. Hence it is not being back ported, just the
> original bug fix given below.
> The patch has been tested on
> powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu (Power 8 LE)
> With no regressions.
> Please let me know if the patch looks OK for GCC 7.
This is fine. Thanks!
> Backport from mainline
> 2017-09-07 Carl Love <email@example.com>
> * config/rs6000/vsx.md (define_insn "*stxvl"): Add missing argument to
> the sldi instruction.