This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], Add configuration checks to PowerPC --with-long-double-format=ieee
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 06:38:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], Add configuration checks to PowerPC --with-long-double-format=ieee
- References: <20180706055137.GA14803@ibm-toto.the-meissners.org>
On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 01:51:37AM -0400, Michael Meissner wrote:
> case "$target:$with_long_double_format" in
> - xpowerpc64*-*-linux*:*)
So this case could never happen. The changelog should mention it fixes
that bug (and having it as a separate patch is much preferred!)
Other than this thing, the original code was easier to read. What does
this part of the patch improve?