This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH 0/5][AArch64] ARMv8.4-A support
- From: Michael Collison <Michael dot Collison at arm dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 17:20:11 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH 0/5][AArch64] ARMv8.4-A support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Michael dot Collison at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
The ARMv8.4-A architecture builds on ARMv8.3-A and includes optional cryptographic extensions supporting SHA512, SHA3, SM3 and SM4. New FP16 multiply add/subtract instructions have been added that are mandatory in ARMv8.4-A and optional from ARMv8.2-A onward.
Although the new cryptographic instructions are introduced in ARMv8.4-A, they may be optionally supported in any architecture implementation from ARMv8.2-A onward.
This patch set adds support to GCC for the ARMv8.4-A architecture and adds new command line options to individually select the existing cryptographic SHA-1/SHA-256 and AES extensions. The existing +crypto option is retained for backward compatibility. New command line options are added for SHA512/SHA3, SM3/SM4 and the FP16 multiply add/subtract extensions. The cryptographic and FP16 multiply add/subtract instructions are exposed as new ACLE intrinsics.
The patches in this series are:
- Add new command line options for SHA-1/SHA-256 and AES including documentation
- Add support for ARMv8.4-A
- Add support for the cryptographic SM3/SM4 extension
- Add support for the cryptographic SHA-512/SHA-3 extension
- Add support for the FP16 multiply add/subtract extension