This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH 2/7] [ARC] Use -G option to control sdata behavior
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>, "sandra at codesourcery dot com" <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 14:29:48 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 2/7] [ARC] Use -G option to control sdata behavior
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20170815133005.GC1465@embecosm.com>
> From looking at other targets, I think that we need to add
> documentation for -G into the ARC Options section of of
Added to invoke.texi as suggested.
> Is it critical that we rely on default types here? I know it's
> legitimate, but it just makes me sad to see new code using default
No, just a small mistake on my side. I've updated the test as suggested.
> Also, I guess that this test expects some things to be placed into the
> small data section? Is there no pattern we can 'scan-assembler' for?
> Or is this testing some other feature / bug?
The test should check the interaction between the small data and data section anchors (which are default when compiling for size). In the case of an issue, we should get an ICE. Anyhow, I've added also a scan-assembler for clarity.
Committed with above changes. Thank you for your review,