This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] don't confuse user when OOM happens
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:24:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] don't confuse user when OOM happens
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The thread at https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2017-08/msg00090.html discusses the
> driver behaviour when OOM kills cc1plus or whatever.
> This patch changes the driver so that if the inferior dies via INT, TERM,
> QUIT or KILL signals, it emits a clearer message about what happened.
> We've been using this patch inside Facebook for a while, and it's cut down
> on OOM-related bug reports. So works for me :)
> Nathan Sidwell