This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PING^2: [PATCH] PR driver/81523: Make -static override -pie
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 20:19:32 +0930
- Subject: Re: PING^2: [PATCH] PR driver/81523: Make -static override -pie
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOrdAxhJ-_PY1WOcJipfbpDrAwk_=gE98izmUtVOhT-EHA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 09:45:49PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2017-08/msg00011.html
> This patch is OK.
Is this OK for gcc-7 and gcc-6 too? I'm asking not just to fix
"-static -pie" on x86 but because I'd like to fix --enable-default-pie
for powerpc on the branches. If this patch is accepted for the
branches then both it and my r251065 patch are simple cherry-picks.
Australia Development Lab, IBM