This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AARCH64] Disable pc relative literal load irrespective of TARGET_FIX_ERR_A53_84341
- From: Yvan Roux <yvan dot roux at linaro dot org>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org" <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>, James Greenhalgh <James dot Greenhalgh at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 14:42:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [AARCH64] Disable pc relative literal load irrespective of TARGET_FIX_ERR_A53_84341
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DB6PR0801MB20536262D2C32C62D6EDF83983890@DB6PR0801MB2053.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
On 11 August 2017 at 13:50, Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco.Dijkstra@arm.com> wrote:
> Kugan wrote:
> Could you make sure to either include the patch or provide a link to it?
> I think the patch is fine since avoiding adrp/ldr on literals doesn't really
> help when global variables still use adrp. If you really want to avoid adrp
> and don't care about the overhead, there is -mcmodel=large...
> Note once you get the OK, we should consider backporting this with
good point Wilco, I'll take care to add to the backport when it'll be accepted.